Jenkins setup and Installation
What is Jenkins?
Jenkins is open source server to automate build, test, and deployment of applications.
- Apache tomcat
- Jenkins 2.5.1
- Download Jenkins latest version from “https://jenkins.io/download/”
- Jenins 2 has changed installations setup, but remaining configuration are all same.
- In webapps, delete tomcat folders in webapp except ROOT and copy the downloaded jenkins.war
- start the tomcat server and in this initial run of Jenkins, it will create admin password which need to enter in setup wizard.
- You can also copy the password from initialAdminPassword and enter in input field:
- Jenkins 1.0 version installs lot of plugin, However in Jenkins 2.0, you will be asked to select suggested plugins or customize the setup by selecting required plugins. Select “Suggested Plugins”
- it will download and install the following plugins
- In this step, you are required to create admin user in Jenkins 2.0. Give the admin user details and click on “Save and Finish”
- Now Jenkins Home page will open and you are required configure Jenkins Global Settings.
In the next tutorial, we will configure Jenkins with Ant, Maven and Gradle